Welcome to the Pembrokeshire Meadows Group.
The group was created in January 2021 with the support of Plantlife’s Magnificent Meadows Wales Project.
We are here to bring together existing and aspiring meadow owners based in Pembrokeshire, to connect and share their experiences with creating and managing wildflower meadows and grasslands. We welcome anyone who would like to learn more about meadows, from small gardens to big fields!
The group has only been around for a short time, but we have started to:
- Put together this website with information that will help people with their meadow creation
- Organise group activities such as site visits, online talks, practical training and workshops
- Link up with other meadow projects in the area and connect members with conservation professionals for targeted advice where possible
- We created a Facebook page for our group where people can connect directly with each other, ask questions and share experiences
Our long-term aspirations are:
- To increase the number and extent of meadows across Wales so these can support a wide range of biodiversity including plants, insects, birds, reptiles, and fungi
- To create a network of inter-connected meadow sites across Pembrokeshire
- To create a map of where meadow owners are across Pembrokeshire and to set up a database with information on their meadows (e.g. type, size, stage of restoration)
- To inspire people about meadows and create an inclusive meadow making community